We recently found out about this excellent opportunity and we couldn’t help but to share it with you. $10,000.00 is available yes $10,000.00 is available PER BUSINESS in grant money. We hope you can share this with your family and friends who owns a small business in Miami Dade County.
The Miami Dade County Mom And Pop Small Business Grant Program was created by Neighbors And Neighbors Association, Inc. in 1999 to provide financial and technical assistance to qualified small businesses that are approved
for funding. This program has allowed small owned and operated businesses the opportunity to interact with local government under favorable conditions, and this relationship will ultimately bridge the gap between the two entities.
• The program provides financial assistance to further the economic viability of recipients. Funding can be used to purchase inventory/supplies, business equipment, marketing/advertising, building/business insurance, minor interior/exterior renovations, security systems, work vehicle (pick-up truck or cargo van) professional services, (CPA, business training, and events).
• Technical assistance is made available at no charge, to small businesses in order to create a better working and business environment, promote economic development opportunities, educate owners about various county-funded programs and projects, form/foster better working relationships among small business owners, retain and eventually create more jobs, offer the necessary training that small business owners so desperately need to become more efficient and competitive, etc.
The program is offered in each 13 Miami Dade County Commission District, as a result, the board recognizes that the needs of each district are different and our goal is to address this diversity. In order to receive the correct guidelines to be considered for funding, you must apply in the county district where your business is located. To locate your district where your business is located, please call 311 or visit www.miamidade.gov/commiss and click on “Who is my Commissioner?” enter your business address and submit. Applications and start date for each district may differ, therefore, please be sure to pick up the appropriate application.
Applications are available from
January 4, 2017 through January 17, 2017
CLICK HERE TO OBTAIN APPLICATIONS, MORE DETAILS AND APPLICATION PICK UP LOCATIONS
ELIGIBLE USE OF FUNDING:
• Inventory / Supplies
• Business Equipment
• Marketing / Advertising
• Liability Insurance
• Minor Interior / Exterior Renovations
• Security System
• Work Vehicle (pick up truck or cargo van)
• Professional Services (Accounting, Business Training, and Seminars, and events)
• Lease or mortgage for commercial space only
INELIGIBLE USE OF FUNDING:
• Rental Deposits
• Late Payment Fees
• Purchase of Alcohol, Tobacco or Medicine
• And any and all others not listed in the eligible use above.
There will be a mandatory workshop explaining the requirements. Click here for details.